Thursday, December 31, 2015

Review: Unforgiven by Lauren Kate (Fallen, #5)



BWHB
Summary
(from goodreads)

It's the book FALLEN fans have been waiting for: Cam’s story, the brooding, bad-boy dark angel readers love.

 High school can be hell.

Cam knows what it’s like to be haunted. He’s spent more time in Hell than any angel ever should. And his freshest Hell is high school, where Lilith, the girl he can’t stop loving, is serving out a punishment for his crimes.

Cam made a bet with Lucifer: he has fifteen days to convince the only girl who really matters to him to love him again. If he succeeds, Lilith will be allowed back into the world, and they can live their lives together. But if he fails . . . there’s a special place in Hell just for him.

Tick-tock.

Spread your wings and cry as bad boy dark angel Cam finally reveals his anguished heart in the epic new FALLEN novel, UNFORGIVEN.



Read from: December 17 to December 23, 2015
Read on: eReader


Review:




Wow… Cam’s story. When Lauren first told us reader that we were getting a book about Cam, I was expecting a book that would be talking about all of his past lives up until now. When we got the summary, then I knew it wasn’t at all what I expected, but I was still pretty hype about reading it.

When I finally got the chance to start the book, I had a hard time letting it down and only did because I was working or had plans that I couldn’t cancel.

It was really a frustrating book because you just want to kick Lucifer’s ass the whole book. I seriously would have jumped in there and hit him a millions of times because he wasn’t playing fair (not that anyone expects HIM to play fair, but you get my drift).

I really enjoyed seeing Cam so determined to do something right for the girl he loves. He never falters even when things are far from being in his favor. He is determined to get Lilith out of there in every possible ways.

And Lilith, got on my nerves at first, but then, I started understanding her closed heart more and more and I was praying throughout the whole book that there would be some kind of happy ending for her. Lilith had a hard life and she was bitter about so many aspects of her life and most of them were towards Cam even if she didn’t understand why.

I was really happy that we also had a glimpse about their past together and see how she ended up there. It was heartbreaking reading this because you knew Cam had so much love for her, but he seemed so scared about what he was that he preferred back then to flee than to face her.

Like I said before, you get easily frustrated reading this book, but when Lucifer isn’t making matter worse, I enjoyed the moment that Cam and Lilith had together and those even include the moments when they were fighting. There is a spark between them and it just needed the right moment to click into place.

The ending is somewhat not something that expected, but at the same time, it seems to fit them. It also seemed like even if there is an ending that Lauren could maybe one day decide to add to their stories.

For my part, I wouldn’t mind that, but I would love to have a book about Arriane or Roland or anyone else. It would be nice to know what’s going on with everyone.

So overall, I really enjoyed the book, but I won’t lie; sometimes, it felt rushed but it was still enjoyable. And Cam was a lot more tamed in this which kind of sucked, because we all love our Cam the way he was in the Fallen series, but still, you have to love him still.

No comments:

Post a Comment