Friday, January 6, 2017

Resolutions 2017



So, I did My Year in Books 2016 and now, I'm going to do my Resolutions for 2017. So I'm starting my challenge at 75 books, but I hope that I won't have as many reading slumps I had in 2016 and that I will be able to add more books to my challenge.


Last year, I wasn't really good with my resolutions. I don't think that I did even 10% of the resolutions I made, but I'm retrying this year in hopes that I get better at my resolutions.

Reading books for book events

So the only book event I have for sure this year is Apollycon 2017. Yallfest is also a must attend event, but since I have no idea who will be there yet, well, I can't add those to the list, so below, you will find the name of the authors I want to read books from. This list is actually authors I have never read books from, but would like to:

1. CJ Redwine
2. Gena Showalter
3. Jamie Shaw
4. Jeaniene Frost
5. Jessica Khoury
6. K.A. Linde
7. K.A. Tucker
8. Karina Halle
9. Kasie West
10. Kresley Cole
11. Kimberly Derting
12. Kylie Scott
13. Melissa Landers
14. Nyrae Dawn
15. Riley Edgewood

So that's the list for Apollycon. Of course, some book events might be added during the year, but so far, that's what I have.


Finishing some series

Last year, I didn't finish any of the series I said I would and I'm kind of bummed about it, but I'm trying again. Going to put a few series I'd like to finish and hopefully, this year, I might actually finish some.

1. Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger (2 books)
2. House of Night series by P.C. & Kristin Cast (1 book)
3. Cocktail series by Alice Clayton (2 books)
4. Beautiful series by Christina Lauren (1 book)
5. The Agency series by Y.S. Lee (1 book)
6. Six of Crows duology (1 book)


Starting new series

So I bought a few series over the years that I never started and I'm going to try to start some of them. Last year, I wrote on my Resolutions 2016 to start 10 new series and I ended up only starting 3. This year, I'm going to start with 6 and see where it will lead me.

1. Shadow Falls: After Dark series by C.C. Hunting
I loved loved the Shadow Falls series and I'm really surprised at myself that I haven't started reading this one yet, but now that all the books are out, maybe it will give me the push to finally start it.

2. Bad Boys series by Valérie Auclair
This is a series from a Quebecer author. I did start the first book, but I always ended up with distracted even though it looks really amazing and I liked the first chapters I read of it, but now I really need to sit and read it.

3. Passenger duology by Alexandra Bracken
I loved her other books but I never got around to read Passenger, but I just received the second book of this duology so hopefully, I'll get on it this year.

4. Personal demons series by Lisa Desrochers
My friends loved that series and told me so much about it that I ended up buying them last year so hopefully, I'll love it just as much as they did.

5. Defiance series by C.J. Redwine
I met her a few years ago and bought the first two books but I never got around to read them. I received the last book of this series last year so I think it's about them that I start them.

6. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Met the authors a few months ago and I just liked her a lot and my friend Gabrielle had been telling me just how much I ought to read this series so I bought the first three books of this series so now I just need to start on them.


 So those are my resolutions for 2017. I don't know how many of these will be done because there are always more books to read each year, but I'd like to have some series started or finished this year so wish me luck and I hope your book resolutions for 2017 will be a success for you too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment