Friday, December 30, 2016

Review: One Night by Monica Murphy (Friends, #0.5)



Summary
Add on [goodreads]

There's a party over at Jordan Tuttle's house tonight and everyone is there. Including... 

Olivia: Who's leaving for her dad's house in Oregon tomorrow. So she plans on having the time of her life tonight with her best friends. 

Dustin: Who wishes Livvy could see just how much she means to him. 

Emily: Who's trying her to best to get with someone. Anyone. 

Cannon: Who has an encounter with Em he won't be able to forget. 

Amanda: Who's finally ready to go all the way with her boyfriend. 

Tuttle: Who discovers the girl he's always secretly liked just might like him back. 

Warning: This story contains mature sexual situations and is suited for a 17+ audience.



Read on: December 30, 2016
Read on: ebook


Review:



I really enjoyed reading this. Gives us more insight about each characters. I really liked reading more about Cannon because he's not a main character in the series so seeing that side of him just gave us more than just the surface we see in the books. In the books, we just see him as a jock who likes to sleep around, but in this book, you see a guy who wants more and is really protective of the people he cares about. You see a bit of what his family is and what they represent for him. I really liked that side of Cannon and I wish we could get more of that.

And even though Emily is still not my favourite character, I can't help but feel for her. She's obviously need to feel appreciated; to be someone's #1, but she's not doing it the right way. Reading about her through the whole book, you just get her a little bit more yet, I feel like there's a lot we still don't know and I'm hoping we might get a glimpse of it in the third book. I really liked the person she was whenever she was with Cannon even if it never lasted because she wasn't able to handle that kind of kindness.

Olivia and Dustin both were much like in the series; he wants her; she's confused; he's clingly; she's scared to take the next step. It could be annoying, but it just made me realize even more how wrong they were for one another. At least, at that moment of their life... who knows what could happen in the future. If you have read Just Friends and More than Friends, you see where their relationship has headed, but with a third book coming, who knows what could happen. Monica could surprise us and give us a whole new future we didn't expect for either of them.

And Amanda and Tuttle... They are still my favourite. I am rooting for them and I can't wait for the next book to see how it will all end for them. They both need a happily ever after and I hope the author is going to give them that opportunity... together. I don't want them apart hahaha They have a connection that I envy and I want it to last.

It was a quick read, but it was interesting to see a little more about each characters. I'm looking forward to reading the third book because I'm hoping that we get to catch more of where the characters are heading; to read more about them and maybe change my mind about certain ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment