Friday, February 5, 2016

Review: Before You by Jenna Bennett (Sex on the Beach, #3)



BWHB
Summary

(from goodreads)

It’s all fun and games

I had a simple plan for spring break.

Sun, sand, and a hot guy. Sex on the beach, with no strings attached.

A chance to get rid of this pesky virginity once and for all.

And when I met Tyler McKenna, I thought I had it made.

Until someone gets hurt

But then girls started turning up at Key West landmarks. Girls who looked like me, but with one crucial difference: They’d all been drugged and relieved of their virginity.

The virginity I still have. The virginity Ty refuses to take.

And now I’ve begun to wonder whether there isn’t more to him than meets the eye.

Suddenly, sex on the beach doesn’t sound so good anymore…



Read from: August 27 to August 28, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:




This third book in the Sex on the Beach series is written by Jenna Bennett and her writing merged perfectly with the two others, but I will admit that it wasn't my favourite story.

I liked the characters enough, but I wasn't rooting for them like I did with the two others. I felt like these two were more made to be friends than potential lovers.

The story is interesting though even if I had never expected that kind of storyline after reading the two previous books, but it was just something else and it shows how this spring break is really different for the three friends.

Cassie and Ty dance around each other the whole book and even if some stuff is explained towards the end, a lot is still left for us to wonder. Maybe that's why I didn't get into their potential romance like the others.

And for the ending, I wasn't such a big fan I will admit. I really felt like it left us with not much to hold on. I'm happy there is a second book to this because I really hope that I can actually fall for their romance. I'd like to believe that I am wrong and that there is more chemistry between them than what the first book.

But even if it's not my favourite book of the series, I still enjoyed it and I will read other books written by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment