Sunday, January 31, 2016

Review: All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue by Sophie Jordan (The Debutante Files, #2)



BWHB
Summary
(from goodreads)

There was once a lady who loathed a lord...

Max cannot recall a time when Aurelia did not vex him. If she was not his friend’s sister, he would stay far away from the infuriating vixen. Unfortunately, they are always thrown together. At parties and family gatherings…she is always there. Infuriating him, tossing punch in his face, driving him mad...until one night, she goes too far and he retaliates in the only way he can: with a kiss that changes everything.

...and a lord who was confounded by a lady.

Lady Aurelia hasn't always hated Max, Viscount Camden, her brother's best friend. In fact, as a besotted girl, she thrived under his kind attention – sure that he was the most noble and handsome man in the land. Until her young heart discovered what manner of rogue he really was. Now, though she enjoys nothing more than getting on his last nerve, she can’t deny Max drives her to distraction—even if she tries to pretend otherwise.



Read on: January 27, 2016
Read on: Owned Mass Market Paperback


Review:



I had trouble reading since the beginning of the year. I only read one other book and still working on that review, but still, I was getting desperate and I finally picked up a book I wanted to read before Apollycon and to my surprise, I got so addicted to it, that I had trouble working; all I wanted to do is read.

You need to know that historical romance books are not usually the kind of books I'll go towards, but because I love Sophie Jordan, I picked up last year the first book of this series and actually liked it more than I believed that I would.

But this second book was my favourite of the series so far and it's probably due to the characters. Aurelia and Max are both independent people who show a lot of animosity towards one another and yet, they are always thrown back together. They bicker every time they are in the presence of one another and even if it starts polite, it always ends with them at each other’s throats.

The reason behind Aurelia's hatred towards Max comes from her heart being shattered when she was just a teenager and yes, it's childish, but she was a damn teenager so I forgive her for that. Max's hatred comes from the aftermath of this betrayal she felt. 

Aurelia is the kind of girl I wish I was. She has wicked comebacks and she isn’t afraid to speak her mind which could be quite hard to handle for the men of that time, but still, I liked how she decided to take control of her life. Whether she made the right decisions or not, she still decided to do what she had to do to make sure she didn’t end up somewhere she didn’t want to be.

And Max… Oh what to say about Max? I seriously wanted to hit him a few times, but only for his own good. He made me laugh and he made me angry and I even felt for him from time to time. He had his moments of pure chivalry and that’s the only way I believed there could be some hope for him, but even when he was what I call a douche, you couldn’t help, but like him because he made it look so good. He had such confusing thoughts and feelings about Aurelia that it was obvious from the beginning of the series that something was going to happen, we just didn’t know what or when.

In this book, both characters are so entertaining and it’s probably why this book was so addictive from page one. I can’t wait to read the next book. I’m really hoping it’s going to be about Mackenzie. I feel like this could be a very intriguing book if it was. Who’s Mackenzie? Well, you need to read this book.

So just pick up the book and see for yourself. I’m sure if you like the genre, you’ll love Sophie’s books.

No comments:

Post a Comment