Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Review: Blameless by Gail Carriger (Parasol Protectorate #3)



BWHB
Summary
(from goodreads)

Quitting her husband's house and moving back in with her horrible family, Lady Maccon becomes the scandal of the London season.

Queen Victoria dismisses her from the Shadow Council, and the only person who can explain anything, Lord Akeldama, unexpectedly leaves town. To top it all off, Alexia is attacked by homicidal mechanical ladybugs, indicating, as only ladybugs can, the fact that all of London's vampires are now very much interested in seeing Alexia quite thoroughly dead.

While Lord Maccon elects to get progressively more inebriated and Professor Lyall desperately tries to hold the Woolsey werewolf pack together, Alexia flees England for Italy in search of the mysterious Templars. Only they know enough about the preternatural to explain her increasingly inconvenient condition, but they may be worse than the vampires -- and they're armed with pesto.

BLAMELESS is the third book of the Parasol Protectorate series: a comedy of manners set in Victorian London, full of werewolves, vampires, dirigibles, and tea-drinking.



Read from: October 23 to October 26, 2015
Read on: Owned Paperback


Review:



Continuing the reading of this series, I just finished book 3 of the series. I won't lie, it wasn't the same since Alexia and Conall weren't together in this book, it wasn't the same, but the problems that kept following Alexia wherever she went made up for it.

While trying to stay alive, she tries to find more about the baby she's carrying which isn't easy because already a rare, history doesn't give much about female preternaturals. But we are talking about Alexia and where she shouldn't put her nose in, she will and she will find what she needs.

We meet again new characters in this book like Monsieur Trouvé who is Madame Lefoux's cousin and who's also an inventor. He wasn't there much in this book, but I'm really hoping to see more of him in the last two books of the series.

And Floote who is always more than what he seems to be. I really want to learn more about his past. We keep discovering more and more about him, but he's still keeping a lot of things from Alexia. I just hope that I won't end up hating him because so far, I really like him. He's really protective of her and I believe he does care for her; almost like if she was his own daughter. Perhaps, knowing her father made him feel the need to be there for her. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and will be thinking differently towards the end of the series, but for now, that's my opinion.

So the Templars make their appearance in this book and I'm really going to have to say that I do not like those guys. I do believe they think that their cause is justified, but I really feel like they are fucking stubborn and only think about their endgame and not caring about the consequences their actions could provoke.

Back in London, Lord Maccon is drunk and not really operational which is really a bad timing. He can always count on Lyall for taking the reigns back while their leader is incapacited. I feel like Lyall's path throughout the series is leading to something. I don't believe he could become an alpha, but I feel like he's preparing himself to do something big.

But back to the book, Lyall investigates into Lord Akeldama's disappearance and will find sources in unimaginable places such as Alexia's friend, Ivy, who is now married happily to Tunstell. I believe that I sort of guessed what had caused Lord Akeldama to leave London, but I didn't expect that turn of event when Lyall and Conall finally discover it and do something about it.

So that's kind of small for a review and probably vague and not making sense and I apologize, but I'm really trying to keep this spoiler free. I can't wait to continue Alexia's adventures because I feel a lot more is about to come for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment